The vest part of this piece was supposed to be made into a shirt but one good mistake after another and this was the result.
A lot of work was put into its tubular construction. Strip by strip of black and acid fabric was sewn together. The vest had sleeves at one point in the process but within a couple of minutes of them being on, we decided to chop them off which then led us to the decision to hem the edges like a tank top or basketball jersey. At that point, we realized it could be more like an accessory piece so we then hemmed it a bit higher and made it have a wide collarless neck so that you can layer it on other items of your choosing.
We made the blank shirt with A light 100 % organic cotton fabric. The same fabric used for the vest. We finished it with our original sweatshirt like hem and a thick collar that hugs the neck like our first generation shirts.
the acid fabric being a teal color looks more like a light blue when paired with the black vertical stripes. The whites and yellows remind me of cloud formations.